Tuesday 23 June 2015

Introduction to Media Studies

Why did you choose GCSE Media Studies?
I chose media because I have an ambition to become successful in the world of media. I want to become a correspondent or a presenter. To achieve this dream, I have to take media studies in GCSE level.

Which part of the course are you looking forward to most?
I am looking forward to the music video as I have lots of ideas already planned about it. Also the magazine cover is also appealing as it is different to other subjects.

What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn in Media?
I want to learn about how you can use Photoshop and advanced editing skills. I know how to edit however I want to improve these skills.

What grade are you realistically hoping to achieve in Media?
I am expected to get an A* by my parents so I need to live up to these expectations. So I say that I want an A*.

What was the last TV programme or film you watched?
The last film that I watched was Guardians of the Galaxy. The last YouTube video that I watched was NigaHiga video when he was taking about Asian stereotypes.

Why do you think that TV programme or film appealed to an audience?
The entertainment values for people is very high as it appeals to lots of people. TV is this generation and people like programmes as it gives a lot of comparison between the viewer and the person.

What technology have you used to access the media in the last 24 hours? (Radio, TV, phone etc.)
I used my phone and my computer to access media.

What device do you use most to access the media?
I mostly use my phone and sometime the computer.

Find the trailer for Jurassic World on YouTube and embed it in your blog. What film genres would Jurassic World fit into?
Jurassic World


Why does Jurassic World appeal to a family audience?
It is appealing to the family audience because it involves different ages in the film. This is important as different generation can relate to family drama.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on a very nice looking blog, Hussein. Interesting answers to the questions about Media studies.
    WWW- It's good to see you starting to think about the direct appeal of different types of Media to target audiences.
    EBI- Could you please now aim for that A* by finishing your trailer analysis and spending some time focusing on the key conventions that you can pick out?
    Miss Fowler

    ReplyDelete